Jul 25, 2021
See list of Department Chairs on the Personnel page.
The Associate of Arts (AA) Degree with Designation in Art History prepares the student to transfer as a junior to a four-year institution in Colorado in order to pursue a Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree in Art or Art History. Students who opt for the Bachelor of Arts in Art History can choose to work in several occupational fields including museums, galleries, government, research and academia. Once a BA or BFA is completed, students may pursue a higher or graduate degree in Art, if interested.
This program introduces the student to the field of Art History and includes the course work to meet general education requirements that are common to all Colorado four-year institutions, as well a specific courses in various subfields of Art History. Upon transfer, students from Pueblo Community College who have earned the Associate of Arts (AA) Degree with Designation in Art History will be ready to complete the last half of a BA or BFA in Art History at a four-year institution.
Refer to the course requirements listed below. Some courses may have prerequisites of lower level classes or assessment scores. Refer to the course descriptions for these prerequisites.
General Education Core Requirements (31-32 Credits)
(Written) Communication (6 Credits)
Mathematics (3 Credits)
- Select one GT Pathways Mathematics course (GT-MA1) *, prefer MAT 120 : Mathematics for the Liberal Arts
Natural and Physical Sciences (7 or 8 Credits)
- Select two GT Pathways Natural and Physical Sciences courses (GT-SC1, GT-SC2) *. One of these courses must include a laboratory component (GT-SC1) *
Arts and Humanities (6 Credits)
- Select two GT Pathways Arts and Humanities Courses from any category (GT-AH1, GT-AH2, GT-AH3, GTAH4) *, EXCEPT those courses listed in the additional required courses section below.
Social and Behavioral Sciences (6 Credits)
- Select two GT Pathways Social and Behavioral courses from any category (GT-SS1, GT-SS2, GT- SS3) *
History (3 Credits)
- Select one GT Pathways History Course (GT-HI1) *
Additional Required Art History Courses (18 Credits)
Electives (10-11 Credits)
Determined by transferring institution;
Note: Students planning to transfer to Colorado State University-Fort Collins will be required to complete a 200-level foreign language for completion of the BA in Art History.
This degree transfers to the following Colorado Public Four-Year institutions of higher education:
- Colorado Mesa University (B.F.A. Art, Art History concentration)
- Colorado State University-Ft. Collins (B.A. Art, Art History concentration)
- Colorado State University-Pueblo (B.A. Art; Art History Emphasis
- Metropolitan State University of Denver (B.A. Art History, Theory, and Criticism)
- University of Colorado, Boulder (B.A. Art History)
- University of Colorado, Colorado Springs (B.A. Visual and Performing Arts, Art History option)
- University of Colorado, Denver (B.A. Fine Arts, Art History emphasis)
- University of Northern Colorado (B.A. Art and Design, Art History emphasis)
- Western State Colorado University (B.A. Art, Art History and Theory emphasis)