Oct 28, 2021
See list of Department Chairs on the Personnel page.
The Associate of Arts (AA) Degree with Designation in Art History prepares the student to transfer as a junior to a four-year institution in Colorado in order to pursue a Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree in Art or Studio Art. Students who opt for the Bachelor of Arts in Studio Art can choose to work in several occupational fields, including museums, galleries, commercial art, education, media, photography and academia. Once a BA or BFA is completed, students may pursue a higher or graduate degree in Art, if interested.
This program introduces the student to the field of Studio Art and includes the course work to meet general education requirements that are common to all Colorado four-year institutions, as well a specific courses in various subfields of Studio Art. Upon transfer, students from Pueblo Community College who have earned the Associate of Arts (AA) Degree with Designation in Studio Art will be ready to complete the last half of a BA or BFA in Studio Art at a four-year institution.
Refer to the course requirements listed below. Some courses may have prerequisites of lower level classes or assessment scores. Refer to the course descriptions for these prerequisites.
General Education Core Requirements (31 Credits)
Written Communication (6 Credits)
Natural and Physical Sciences (7 Credits)
- Select two GT Pathways Natural and Physical Sciences courses (GT-SC1, GT-SC2) *. At least one of these courses must include a laboratory component (GT-SC1) *
Arts and Humanities (6 Credits)
Note: Courses from the Arts and Expression category (GT-AH1) may not be used to meet this requirement
- Select two GT Pathways Arts and Humanities courses from any category (GT-AH2, GT-AH3, GT-AH4) *
Social and Behavioral Sciences (6 Credits)
- Select two GT Pathways Social and Behavioral courses from any category (GT-SS1, GT-SS2, GT-SS3) *
History (3 Credits)
- Select one GT Pathways History Course (GT-HI1) *
Additional Required Studio Art Courses (21 Credits)
Electives (8 Credits)
Determined by transferring institution;
Note: Students planning to transfer to Colorado State University-Fort Collins will be required to complete two semesters of one foreign language for their electives, or be able to pass the CSU-FC foreign language placement exam for completion of the BA in Studio Art.
This degree transfers to the following Colorado Public Four-Year institutions of higher education:
- Adams State University (B.A. Liberal Arts, Studio Art emphasis)
- Colorado Mesa University (B.F.A. Art, Studio Art concentration)
- Colorado State University-Ft. Collins (B.A. Art, Studio concentration)
- Colorado State University-Pueblo (B.A. Art)
- Fort Lewis College (B.A. Art, Art option)
- Metropolitan State University of Denver (B.A. Art)
- University of Colorado, Boulder (B.A. Studio Arts)
- University of Colorado, Colorado Springs (B.A. Visual and Performing Arts, Visual Art option)
- University of Colorado, Denver (B.A. Fine Arts, Studio Art emphasis)
- University of Northern Colorado (B.A. Art and Design, Art emphasis)
- Western State Colorado University (B.A. Art, Studio Art emphasis)