Jennifer Sherman, Dean of Business & Technology
PCC offers the AAS degree in Applied Technology as part of a statewide consortium of community colleges and Area Vocational Technical Schools (AVTS) consortium and other Colorado public community colleges.
To attain the degree, you must complete the technical course work for a state-approved Career and Technical Education Certificate at one of the following AVTS’s: Delta Montrose Area Vocational Technical Center, Emily Griffith Opportunity School, San Juan Basin Area Vocational Technical School and T.H. Pickens Technical Center.
You will complete the general education and other degree requirements at PCC. Course work from the AVTS will be credited to your transcript when you complete the requirements of both institutions.
You must comply with the regulations and requirements related to admissions and attendance at each institution.
Minimum Requirements for This Degree Include:
- Minimum of 60 credit hours of course work.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- General Education course of 15-18 semester hours
- Additional requirements of at least 42 semester hours:
* From an individual program with current state approval a one of four AVTS’s
* If the program certificate is less than 42 semester hours, then the program certificate hours plus elective credit hours from Pueblo Community College will be used for the total of at least 42 semester hours
- Minimum of 15 semester credits earned at Pueblo Community College.